Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursdays: One Life

What am I thankful for?

I am thankful to be alive.  I am thankful for this hard, crazy, higgledy piggledy, emotional, uphill climb and downhill run that is my life.  I am thankful for all the experiences I've had - even the horrible ones.

I am thankful for all the times I've laughed, all the times I've kissed my children, all the times I've looked out the window and smiled because its sunny.

I am thankful for the all the times I've cried in the shower, or sat with my head in my hands or been so angry I could cry with frustration (no-one ever got stronger by being happy all the time).

I am thankful for all the beautiful things and all the ugly things that are beautiful in their own way.

Life is the strangest thing.  There is nothing quite like it to find out what kind of a person you are - your strengths, your weaknesses, your motives, your belief systems, the lessons you've learned along the way.

I am thankful for every second of this life and when I am old and grey I will look back and think to myself 'wow! that was one hell of a ride!'

I'm joining Thankful Thursday with Kate Says Stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!!

    That granny is all FTW ;)

    Beautiful post El, thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling! My aunty has a note on her wall about sliding through the pearly gates with a body that is completely spent saying "Woo hoo, what a ride!"
    That last photo is a cracker! Wonder how often a smoker makes it to 100 though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. Thanks for sharing your rollercoaster ride with us all - glad you have your skates on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo is too funny! So is the last one! I am thankful to you for reminding about being thank for it all! It's easy to be thankful for the good stuff but worthwhile to also be thankful for the other stuff - it means I'm alive and able to feel it all the whole range of emotions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...