Monday, October 24, 2011

5 Sentence Fiction: Shenanigans


I'm joining 5 Sentence Fiction with Lillie McFerrin Writes today.


What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the inspiration word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just take your inspiration from that word. 

This week’s inspiration word is: SHENANIGANS


Tom Murphy, blonde and lean, sauntered around the corner of the stables, snapping his braces over his shoulders as he walked out of the sunshine.   His skin, warm and tanned and lightly sheened with moisture, stuck to the thin cotton of his shirt.

St. Cloud, his Lordship’s favourite ride, nuzzled Tom's neck as he began mucking out the stall.  Tom grinned and pushed the stallion’s head away, whistling to himself as he daydreamed about the long white lavender-scented legs of his Lordship’s favourite daughter.

Working nearby, old Peters leaned forward on his pitchfork and surveyed Tom thoughtfully with a raised eyebrow, ‘you’ll get yourself thrown out of this place if you keep up those shenanigans.’

3 comments:

  1. This is great. I really like this guy, and the picture that goes with it :) In just five sentences I got a clear picture of him. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Eloise! This is my kind of story.

    I keep meaning to join up with Lillie too. I love her idea, maybe next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my mind is full of SHENANIGANS looking at that pic..oh fan me down please..lol..x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...